Capture the Flag on Stilts!
Captial Bocking USA
"150% fun", "learned alot", "don't hesitate to come "
June 24-26, 2011 Weekend
Click here for more details of the event
Game Field: Lafayette Square
A beautiful and historic backdrop for a competetive scene. Note that in the nuetral zone players can relax and enjoy the views.
2011 Capture the Flag on Stilts
The field is as follows:
Note the pathways which have special tagging rules.
Sunday (June 26)
11:00-1:00PM: Capture the Flag on Stilts
Join us in the challenge! Suitable for beginners+ who bring their stilts and can walk/balance on their own.
Don't feel comfortable on stilts? We would love to have new participants as well as supportive spectators / photographers.
Stilt Capture the Flag Rules:
- Complete safety gear is required: knee, elbow and wrist pads pads plus helmet.
- Be the first to bring your opponent team's flag to the center. (The center judge)
- Flag belts:
- Defenders must remove an opponent's flag (except with a remote tag).
- Flags must be positioned at the sides, with velcro facing outwards.
- Must be worn properly at all times, with shirts tuck in/out of the way.
- Flags must be properly positioned prior to entering the Nuetral area or Enemy Side
- Safe areas:
- Central Square and Rectangle area is safe zone, inlcuding all entrance paths including the first intersections.
- 15-ft safe zone around each flag
- Your team's side
- Pathway Rules:
- Remote tagging (along paved areas): if a defender gets within 3 ft you are tagged.
- No passing of a defender is allowed on or near a pathway.
(You may exit the pathway to run past on the grass if you are more than 3ft away from paved surface. You are automatically tagged.)
- No running fast near pedestrian traffic (this includes the nuetral zone too)
- Remove an opponent's flag to tag them
- Tagged? Walk to jail.
- Stay in jail and wait to be tagged "free" or until the end of the game
- Remote tagging along paved areas. (Pathway rules apply)
- If you are freed from jail you must walk back to the nuetral zone before you can resume play
- You are free to scream and holler from jail.
- Jail is in fixed place, as indicated above. You may not wander around while in jail.
- Tag a prisoner to free them (all must walk to nuetral zone)
- Out-of-bounds... you may go anywhere but you must return to your side at the conclusion of each game
- Be Respectful of any bystander and do not run too close to them. Please consult with the center judge if there is any law enforcement interference.
- Game Cues
- Game ends when a flag is presented to the center judge.
- One long blast Whistle: let the game begin
- Two short: game over - return to your side and listen for the next whistle
- No Obstructing (getting in-front-of or crossing the path of a runner)
- If you have an in-game question or debate, judges have final say
- NO LYING OR CHEATING
Participate! Join us in the challenge! Suitable for beginners+ who bring their stilts and can walk/balance on their own.
This is sure to be a spectacle not to be missed